PRESS RELEASE — Thursday, July 12, 2012
For information contact: Bob Evancho at 373-7369
Anne Peterson at 373-7368
Boise Physician/Author Ted Epperly on July 19 DIALOGUE
— Airs July 19 (Thursday) at 8:30/7:30 p.m. MT/PT
— Repeats July 22 (Sunday) at 10:30/9:30 a.m. MT/PT
On the next DIALOGUE, host Joan Cartan-Hansen talks with Boise physician Ted Epperly about his new book, Fractured: America's Broken Health Care System and What We Must Do to Heal It.
America spends more than $2.6 trillion on health care each year, yet we rank 37th in the world for health care outcome. Fifty million Americans have no health insurance and 80 million are underinsured. Even if the Affordable Health Care Act is fully implemented, the American health care system will still in need a dramatic overhaul.
Epperly talks about his strategy to create an integrated, accessible and patient-centered approach to medicine. In addition to his writings, Epperly directs the Family Medicine Residency of Idaho and is the chair of the board of the American Academy of Family Physicians.
View or listen to DIALOGUE episodes in a variety of formats:
- Over-the-air broadcast on Idaho digital Sub-channel 1 airs Thursdays at 8:30/7:30 p.m. MT/PT, with repeats Sundays at 10:30/9:30 a.m. MT/PT, on channels 12-KUID/26-KCDT, 4-KAID/13-KIPT, and 10-KISU. Analog signals remain available through cable and satellite and many translators; consult local suppliers for channel numbers.
- Standard-definition over-the-air broadcast airs on World digital Sub-channel 4 frequently throughout the week, days and evenings, times vary. The standard-definition broadcast also is available through some cable companies; consult local suppliers.
- Video streaming from idahoptv.org/dialogue is available in high-bandwidth and low-bandwidth formats. Windows Media Player is required; a free download is available. Dialogue also is available through IdahoPTV's video player that also features national PBS shows (video.idahoptv.org).
- PBS app for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch is available free from iTunes; choose "Programs" and scroll to DIALOGUE.
- Video download from http://video.idahoptv.org; ultra-high bandwidth required.
- Podcasts (MP3, audio-only; and MP4, audio-video for Macintosh and iTunes users) are available for download from idahoptv.org/dialogue.
- NPR News 91 audio-only airs in Southwest Idaho. Sundays, at 11:30 a.m. MT.